Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Gay Pride

Tonight starts the Gay Pride Festival here in Pittsburgh.  There's a bar crawl where they're busing the gays from one bar to the other, so it should be busy.  Since I'm on permanent Fridays and Saturdays now... I'll be there.  I'm not what will be taller, gayer and more refreshing... me or the drinks!  Tomorrow night is the dance in the street, with Miss Patti LaBelle as the headliner.  I'll be working at the bar, so I won't be going... but I am letting them use my truck Sunday morning in the parade for the bar... so I'll get in bed around 5 am and have to get up, wash my truck and get to the parade by 10 am.  Afterwards, they have a block party stretching about 8 downtown city blocks... it was a lot of fun last year.... with booths set up and food and performance.  Coincidentally, the Pittsburgh Arts Festival will be going on a few blocks away... should be interesting.  Here goes another fun-filled, not-much-sleep weekend again.

It's been a busy week at work.  I was able to get 60 flats of flowers planted and did some more mulching today.  It's been so hot and humid... it's not been fun. 

I made it to the gym tonight... first time in about 5 weeks.  Unbelievably, I am still at 16% body fat... 170 lbs... and could still lift the weights where I left off.  I've had my fair share of sponge cake over the last couple of weeks... and my diet hasn't been that strict... and yet I've been able to maintain.  I guess it's all the strenuous work and sweating.

7 comments:

  1. Have a great Pride Festival!
    Hope Miss Weather will cooperate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16% body fat! Wow! Colour me "green" with envy. Much respect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a lot of flowers and planting. are you starting a seed company or what? just fell upon ur blog...def will be back. have a great pride weekn. Cheers, D

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to read all about your hot weekend on Monday ;)have fun sexy stud. Here in Hamburg the parade is sometime in August, but I will go to the one in Berlin in two weeks. It will be my first one, in Warsaw we didn't have this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have my 'morning eyes' and can't quite focus yet. I misread 'sponge cake' as 'spooge cake' and freaked out a bit. I thought, WTF!

    Have fun with Pride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for the update on the local activities; funny, I'm watching the morning news looking for some sign of Pride, and none to be found, so far.

    Glad you made it to the gym; not that you need it with all of the physical labor you have been doing. Thanks for inspiring me; I haven't worked out in just at as long and have been telling myself everyday that "this is the day." Maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knowing you are coming to town, I am working to keep my shape as shipshape as possible so I won't feel badly!

    ReplyDelete