What a long-ass week... especially the weekend. I worked Friday and Saturday night at the bar... and both were packed with people... Friday with karaoke and Saturday with a drag show. I sold the most I've ever rang on my register last night... and made $400 in tips over the two days. What a great weekend. Today, with only 2 hours of sleep, I went into the Marriott to cut grass for 11 hours in preparation for the audit on Tuesday... with the inspector arriving tomorrow. The build up of all the work that I have been doing since March 15th is now coming to a head... all the hours I put in... all mulch laid and flowers planted and bushes trimmed... it's like Christmas Eve for me. Last year, the hotel (in total) received a 98%, which has only ever been given to three hotels before and is the highest ranking ever given... so it will be hard to top that, if at all. I have to go in tomorrow morning to do some last minute weeding and surface blowing and trim a few hedges, but otherwise... after tomorrow, I am down to my Monday grass cuttings from now until Fall, and my bartending hours. I'm happy with the way that the property turned out this year. The grass looks like a golf course, the plants I planted have taken off and the flowers are blooming.
After building the deck the other day without my shirt on and getting burned to a crisp, I am now facing the aftermath... a combination of peeling and blisters. Never... in all my 44 years, has my lucious mediterranical skin ever blistered... and very rarely, peeled... so this is new for me to deal with. Lesson learned: I'm more fragile than I thought I was. Speaking of deck, I have to head back down on Tuesday or Wednesday to finish those boards and the stairs, and lay out a landscaping plan and possibly a lattice privacy wall for him. Meanwhile, another friend of mine who saw the work I did wants me to fix the eaves of his roof on his trailer and build him an awning. Also, I went to take a look at another potential deck project... who knows, I may start a company if this keeps up... maybe I'll call it 'Lemme Take a Go at Your Big Deck'.
After today's exercise, I am down to 165 lbs from 194 in January. Meanwhile, I haven't been overly strict on my food consuption (one or ten too many sponge cakes), and yet I'm still losing. It's time for me to get back on my regimen and get back to the gym to get back some of the muscle expended. I'll have the time now.
I am near the point of exhaustion but I'm pushing through. Endurance, perseverance and focus will get me through. I absolutely cannot wait until my trip next week. Not time to celebrate yet... I still have much to do this week.
D@vid, just a suggestion: if you called your company, "Lemme Take a Go at Your Big Dick," you'd be swamped with work.
ReplyDeletethat is a commendable amount of weight loss !
ReplyDeleteI am envious !
One week will go by fast especially when you have so much on your plate. Decks? M surprise to see that decks are still being built; we concrete our yard out here in CA, well in my neck of the woods- less maintenance :-)).
ReplyDeleteDon't push yourself into exhaustion, take care of yourself.
the lawn looks so thick and soft, I am tempted to lay down for a nap there :)
ReplyDeletehaha I just had a post about lawn too today ;) of course yours looks better...
ReplyDelete"Fertile Pussy Willows and Big Decks"
ReplyDeletehave you been watching UK "Carry On " movies?
Down to 165 lbs rom 194 lbs? That is outstanding! Keep up the good work. The best shape I was ever in was when I did landscaping full-time. It wears you out but it's a good tired. That hotel landscaping looks great! We have a 70 year old woman do ours. I don't know how she does it but she does.
ReplyDelete