It's been a long couple of months getting everything done at the Marriott, but I finished everything up yesterday... now I'm just down to my one day a week grass cutting that takes me anywhere from 3 - 7 hours to do, depending on how fast the grass is growing... and one day of weeding / clipping / trimming, etc. I can finally put all my tools up in their place on the walls and reclaim my garage for parking again. Such a wonderous time of year for me when the 12 hour days are over. Even with the three months off, when you factor in my 12 hour days, sometimes 7 days a week... it all works out in the end... especially with bar hours added in too. Now, I'll probably take on more nights at the bar and just enjoy the summer. With recently finding out that the bar is closed the first week of August, I've thrown together a reprise of my Philly/Rehoboth trip that week. A little close to me getting back from out west, it'll be good to see my friends in Philly throughout the week and see my ex, Scott's new place in Rehoboth though. I haven't been there in ten years... I always liked the town, but it was too gay for me. Still, it'll be fun.
I'm heading down to gay camp today to build that 12 X 36 deck for my friend Jimmy. It'll be great to see Scott since I haven't seen him since April-ish. It should take me two days to do, barring any problems of getting all the wood up the mountain in my truck and not hitting bedrock. Unlike the deck I built for my friend, Matthew (pictured), this one will be right on the ground, so it should be simple. That's usually when things aren't... when you think they will be. I will be back Thursday night or Friday morning, just in time for the bar. I really like working with my hands... I should have been a carpenter or electrician. There's always time... I'm due for a complete career change :)
I can not wait to see the pictures when you get it done. Hope youhave a fun time.
ReplyDeleteRay
You sure know how to handle a big deck! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI know, I'm 12.
I wish I were as industrious as you. So many little projects around the apartment that need tending, but I'm such a lazy slacker. Your friend's deck looks great, and I'm sure this new one will be fantastic, as well.
ReplyDeleteI have a lovely flat yard out back just screaming for your creativeness!!!! Can't have you getting bored, ya know!
ReplyDeleteyou faather's tribute was very moving!
ReplyDeletewell said and written
You are a busy fellow; I get tired merely reading about it all. I am glad for you that there is fun in what you do.
ReplyDeletedude, my place in CA needs a deck too :-) come on over! it's never too late to do what you love. Take some time to enjoy your downtime.
ReplyDeleteD
I'm not sure if it's the same Jimmy I met when I was up there, but if it was, please tell me hello for me! He was such a nice guy ;)
ReplyDeleteI am still fascinated with all of the skills that you have; getting to see Matthew's deck in-person, I an attest to the quality with which it was built. Hope you can enjoy your time there. Look forward to seeing you Friday night. Safe travels!
David,
ReplyDeleteCall me when you're in Rehoboth. I'm in the non-gay part. I would like to take you out to dinner. Bloggers meet!
I'm impressed, I can barely hang a picture in my place without either hurting myself or breaking something.
ReplyDelete