Monday, October 3, 2011

Wide Load

Over the last month... I've been shoveling in the junk food... McDonald's, bakery items, candy, ice cream... at an alarming rate.  Somehow, I'm only 175 lbs, which is 10 pounds more than my lowest, back in May.  I've been guilting myself over my eating habits and that I haven't been to the gym in months... so I finally went today.  For me, actually leaving the house and getting to the gym is more than half the battle.  I only did an hour of a workout since I felt like I was going to throw up and have a heart attack... but at least my fat percentage was still at 16%.   I hope this is a leaf I'm turning over... not only for better physical and mental health (it's almost depression season), but especially since I have another one of the Body Electric classes (this time I'm an assistant, not a participant) coming up the first weekend of November... you know, the ones where you learn to accept your body as it is... so I have 4 weeks to get back into shape so I can accept my body exactly as it is.  Geez, I'm stupid. 

12 comments:

  1. 10 pounds is nothing. I think you might be being unnecessarily hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want me to give you a strong incentive? Just look at my flabby, squishy body and know that I am currently three pounds less than you. If that doesn't convince you to never go to Mickey D's again, nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 175 would not be a wide load unless your 4'2" sir and your grass cutting definitely keeps you in line. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you! You have already inspired me. Hot yoga is calling. I'm glad you have put on a little weight back on; another pound and "gay skinny" was just around the river bend. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you are stupid, so am I! I struggle with the same thing. However, you must burn up more calories with your physical work, while I sit at a desk.

    I too thought it ironic though that you are going to help with a body electric class where you learn to accept your body as it is - yet you feel obliged to somehow get in shape for this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sort of like cleaning your house before your housekeeper arrives huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not stupid at all. I've always thought of you as handsome. And if you're only 10lbs heavier than when I saw you while you were in Vegas, then now you're just drop dead gorgeous. lol If you really push yourself to get into shape in time for the class, then I must request before and after pics. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes! stoopid!! to eat all this shit! I hope you will punish yourself very hard at the gym!! :P I wanna see HOT SEXY pics of you in 4 weeks here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are silly not stupid. Cant wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Urspo, not stupid at all. It is a struggle, no doubt. I've learned that leaves are meant to be turned over and over again.

    I hope to attend a Body Electric session one day soon to feel better in my skin. Does it work? I'd be interested in your assessment of BE.

    BTW - new here and have spent some time reading. Great blogging!! Thanks for taking the time.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is what you have to look forward to when you arrive at my age (20 years hence), you may weigh the same but, in spite of all that you do, an inevitable spare tire will form around your middle (possibly for those times you're thrown into a pool to use as a floatation device) and your six-pack abs turn into a tit-like mass of soft flesh. Not to further depress you but I've been working out all of my adult life and this is what happened to me. Look at Arnold, even his muscles turned into flab. It happens. Now for the good news. When you're older it doesn't matter anyway because no one will be interested in you because of the number of years you have been on this planet. It doesn't matter how good of shape you're in or how good-looking you are, THAT NUMBER (your age) will kill. So resolve to have some hobbies that make you happy and be prepared to sit on the sidelines and watch the young ones have their turn. And that my friend is reality.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love handles are SO sexey!
    ;P
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete