I missed my fall festival last weekend because of the rain, but we made it to the Christmas in the Woods at Shaker Village this past weekend. Robin, Matthew, Anna and I went and had a great time... poor Julie (who I went with last year, if you recall) had some sort of stomach virus (ie: the shits) and couldn't go. The weather was perfect... the trees were all changing... and we had some great food and oogled their goodies and wares (ok, I was talking about the cute boys, but there were a lot of crafts, etc. as well). We have another one this weekend... AutumnFest at Seven Springs.I really didn't get to enjoy much of the nice weather we've been having, other than having to be out working in it. I spent two days last week trying to get the Marriott back together, another one at my Aunt's and another client's house... and two pretty much in bed sick with a sinus infection. I went to work on Friday night at the bar, but came home Saturday night after being there an hour because I felt like crap. I subsequently slept 9 hours that night... much-needed recovery time. Today, with a big-wig coming tomorrow, I had a lot to accomplish. I spent 4 hours blowing leaves off the parking lot then 5 cutting the grass and mulching the leaves... then 3 minutes looking around at all the leaves that fell right back overtop all my cleared parking lot and 2 minutes crying before I gave up and left for the day.
The leaves are all changing (see pics below) and with the last nice day being tomorrow before we get some more rain and colder weather, I may try to break in the new kayak on a lake or just take a drive up north in the middle of the woods. The picture above, I took at a local park... they had all the benches collected and lined up for the end of season (I actually won an award for that pic). I guess we take for granted how beautiful they are... someone from Florida was at the hotel going around with a bag collecting all the colored leaves, saying how they don't have them at home... I told him they are pretty... until you have to chase them all around the parking lot all day long.... and that he could take as many as he wanted... or all of them if he had the room in his suitcase.
The leaves are all changing (see pics below) and with the last nice day being tomorrow before we get some more rain and colder weather, I may try to break in the new kayak on a lake or just take a drive up north in the middle of the woods. The picture above, I took at a local park... they had all the benches collected and lined up for the end of season (I actually won an award for that pic). I guess we take for granted how beautiful they are... someone from Florida was at the hotel going around with a bag collecting all the colored leaves, saying how they don't have them at home... I told him they are pretty... until you have to chase them all around the parking lot all day long.... and that he could take as many as he wanted... or all of them if he had the room in his suitcase.






Very pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing the autumn trees when I visit Albany and NYC this coming week!
ReplyDeleteGotta love autumn leaves :)
ReplyDeleteDavid I just noticed the glasses in one of the latter picture while on the IPAD ! They look good add a sense of intrigue ! Nearsighted ? another Gemini trait.
ReplyDelete