I mentioned in my last post that I've been having some difficulty finding the motivation and subject matter to continue writing the blog. A big part of that lately has been finding the time as well. I added another night to the bartending gig... so now I work a 9 hour shift on Thursdays in addition to my regular schedule of Fridays and Saturdays. I definitely noticed that it's not as easy to pull off as when I was younger... especially given that my landscaping days are a lot more on my feet with walking around blowing leaves on top of cutting the grass, and that I'm there more often doing it. By this morning, my legs had had enough. I'm lucky I'm getting 4 hours of sleep per night over the weekend and it's starting to catch up with me. Oddly, I managed to get my bedroom and bathroom thoroughly cleaned in the middle of all that, as well as a few other projects, like installing landscaping lights in front of our place today. I guess it's true... if you want something done, give it to a busy person.With the fall festivals coming to an end, there's still a flurry of activity. Next weekend, I attend another Body Electric class... this time assisting... in D.C., and I'm just about to finalize another week-long trip the second week of December with my friend Scott back out to Vegas and the Grand Canyon. He's never been there... and he loves casinos, so rather than a beachy trip to Florida or Cancun, we decided on this. It won't be as much traveling as I did in July... we'll stay put for the whole week, but I do want to drive to the Grand Canyon and maybe some of the other canyons for a day or two. It will be fun to see it all through his eyes... and nice for him to have someone who knows his way around to show him.
There's no rest for the weary... my DVR has been keeping me busy. I really hate to admit it, but I love this season's shows. My favorite is Revenge, which has the feel of the big dramas like Dynasty or Dallas. Person of Interest, Unforgettable, Body of Proof, Prime Suspect, all the CSI's, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0... I'm going to stop there... you don't want to know how many more there are. At least I'm saving money from not having to buy a Nook or a Kindle. Pathetic (but happily entertained). I blame my mother for sitting me in front of the TV instead of interacting with me more. Were that the case, I'd probably be watching Dexter too.
We DVR all the same shows...and Pan Am... some really good stuff out there this year... and Revenge is at the top of our list too...
ReplyDeleteKelly... LOVE Pan Am... forgot to list it :)
ReplyDeleteOh geez, the only show you like that I've even heard of is Hawaii Five-0, and I only watch that because Scott Caan is so incredibly porkable. Greg and I have been watching old Star Trek episodes from the 1960s on Netflix. Now that is truly sad :-(
ReplyDeleteOh golly gosh sounds so much like hard work, I'm tired out just by reading it.
ReplyDeleteHope you find some rest and 'you' time soon.
Ooooo! Spoooky looks this week!!!
ReplyDeleteI think I'd be quite lost in a group of people talking about tv. I haven't watch any in the past 10 years... Ally McBeal is the last show I really followed...
I'm old! ;)
Hugs
Jon
I can't wait for you to be back here in December! It'll be kinda like an early birthday present for me just to see you (remember I'm turning 40 on Christmas :). Don't forget to pack your speedo for the pool. ;) As for the DVR, I'm right there with you on Revenge and Person of Interest, though HIMYM, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl, Raising Hope, Glee and The Walking Dead are quickly filling up mine.
ReplyDelete