Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day of Beauty

Terry came into my life so quickly and there's been so much else going on that I really didn't get a chance to clean her up at all.  They did a half-ass job at the dealership that lasted me until now, but I wanted to rub her out and put a coat a wax on for the winter, as well as spray some undercoating underneath her.  White cars are a pain in the ass... every black streak shows up and you can't hide anything, but the one good thing is that with white paint, you can scrub the hell out of it and it comes up so bright.  I use a Magic Eraser or Soft Scrub with bleach... but you have to make sure you wax it immediately since everything is stripped away.  I cleaned all the cracks, got all the bugs off her, put the wax on and polished her up.... did the wheels with Armorall and the plastic parts.... put everything away and... it started raining.  Figures... but at least it's done now.  The water is beading off her like a whore in church.

7 comments:

  1. It never fails, does it? When I wash the car or want to barbeque it rains.
    The joys of living in South Florida.

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pay you to come and detail my vehicle... but your winters are more harsh than what I have in Dallas, you do need it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The water is beading off her like a whore in church." Ha!!! Thanks David, you just made me spit my evening decaf all over my computer. Now you owe me a new one. And so does Buddy and Spo for that matter. Maybe the three of you could go in on a new one for me together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry looks as if she would smile. And so would I after David's lovingly treatment, from one ear to the other ;o) have a sunny day today stud :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good!! I should follow in your footsteps and give my car a cleaning...it certainly needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that last sentence is a puzzler - mixed metaphor?

    ReplyDelete