
It's been over 4 months since I've written a serious post and a lot has happened in the world and in my life as well; guys have come and gone... Another Mile Marker is gone... I've gone on a few trips... my stalker is currently back... my back gave out... I'm out of the bar... and I've set the bar high for the people around me, which is causing some problems. In the country, the state of our Union is dire and spinning out of control as the days pass... and there's no sight of a rational base being restored in the immediate future... but those are posts for another day. The Wicked Witch of the West called it a long time ago... "what a world"... I guess she predicted the warm weather we've been having as well... I've been melting with these 75 degree days in the middle of March. Surely, the world is coming to an end one way or another. Time to move to the moon... there's probably traffic there though as well.
It was bittersweet ending the blog. I met so many wonderful people along the way, it was hard turning my back on everyone, but I needed out. At that point, I was feeling overcommunicated and under a microscope... especially with the stalker situation. I changed the name to 'This Exit Only', signifying that I just needed to pull off the side of road and catch my breath... maybe look at the map and get my bearings... scream at a few people, exerting my road rage... and then getting back on my journey. I did a few posts and a new poem (
Broken-Winged Sparrow) but quickly lost interest and didn't write anything for months.

It's been a weird feeling not having the blog. Not being able to process situations or happenings was very strange. Riding down the road and having a topic pop into my head and not being able to get it out on paper was frustrating and left my mind filled. I feel like, in the heat of the blog's existence, I was processing things and my life was flowing, if not coasting. Life was easy, if not almost boring. In the interim, I feel like I'm dodging obstacles like things falling off the back of a truck that's in front of you on the highway... and I need to get back to processing situations as they come to move forward. I got complacent about things in my life and things in the world. I was taking the easy route, which isn't like me. 'Cutting on the bias'... or 'across the grain' explains the path I've always taken in the past... not the easy way or with the flow... I've turned around mid-stream to 'face the traffic'... looking life in the eyes again... alive again (until I get ran over by the mid-town #5 bus or the new Fiat (curse J-Lo and her big butt for selling those)).
There will be a lot more changes to the blog's format. I'll be speaking more freely, and voicing my opinions... if you're new to it... check out my original poems listed in the right-hand column... or "More About Me and This Blog" for a blog progression and some useless information about me personally.
I for one am glad your back at it. I hope that posting again helps to balance everything out for you. Happy blogging Hon.
ReplyDeleteHuggs
CoreyJo
YAY!!
ReplyDelete